In Heat Transfer Physics, we can learn kinetics of energy storage, transport, and transformation. Heat is an energy which is transferred between electrons, atomic nuclei, individual atoms, and molecules.
Another definition of heat transfer is that it is the transfer of energy between high temperature object to low temperature object.
Heat can be transferred by three different ways:
Conduction is based on the four factors:
- Temperature gradient,
- Cross-section of the materials involved,
- Path length,
- Physical Properties of materials
- Temperature gradient: It specifies the direction and the rate of temperature changes in a particular location.
- Cross-section of the materials involved: More heat is required for the large size of the material used for the heat transfer.
- Path length: More path is exposed to open air minimizes the heat.
- Physical Properties: Physical properties of the material is also matters like heat transfer is high in Metals and stone which are good conductors while wood, paper, air, and cloth are poor conductors of heat.
Through this process internal energy moves into the fluids. This process is not done in the solids. For example, if you will place a buncen burner on the one side of a glass containing liquid and determine the temperature. The changes in the temperature will occur due to warmer fluid moving into cooler areas.
Example and Application of Convection:
- Heat transfer
- Convection cells
- Atmospheric circulation
- Oceanic circulation
- Mantle convection
Radiation is the form of energy which explores through the space. The energy generated through the radiation can also penetrate the materials. For example Sun gives the heat, light and suntan This process is called as Radiation.
Radiation Exposure and its Sources:
Exposure (U.S. Average)
External Background Radiation
0.54 mSv y-1
Natural K-40 and Other Radioactivity in Body
0.29 mSv y-1
Air Travel Round Trip (NY-LA)
Chest X-Ray Effective Dose
0.10 mSv per film
Radon in the Home
2.28 mSv y-1
Man-Made (medical x rays, etc.)
3.14 mSv y-1
List of Heat Transfer Equipment:
To get accurate results, it is quite essential to get the products for your lab from peerless Heat Transfer Lab Equipment Manufacturer. Some prominent instruments which come under the category of Heat Transfer are mentioned here under:
- Thermal Conductivity Of Liquids
- Thermal Conductivity Of Insulating Slab
- Thermal Conductivity Of Metal Rod
- Thermal Conductivity Of Insulating Powder
- Shell and Tube Heat Exchanger
- Pitot Static Traverse Plate
- Extended Surface Heat Transfer
- Computer Controlled Heat Exchanger Service Module
- Jacketed Vessel with Coil & Stirrer
- Water To Air Heat Exchanger Accessory
- Magnus Frame
- Plate Heat Exchanger
- Perfect Gas Laws Demonstration Unit